Noticed soft moveable lump popping from anus. Could it be hemorrhoid?

Posted on Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello - I have an embarressing question. I have felt like there is something "popping" in and out of my anus when I constrict and relax it. Upon palpation, there is this semi-soft moveable lump (smaller than a pea) right on the inside wall that kinda pops around under my finger. It is under the skin and it does not hurt or itch. I am concerned! I don't know if it is a hemorrhoid or something worse, please help!
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 20 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

The information provided points to a external skin tag, commonly seen in patients with chronic fissure in ano

If you are constipated manage constipation

Unless this tag gives some problem, leave it as it is

Hope this helps
Do not hesitate to write back in case of doubts
Wishing you a healthy life ahead
Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical