Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Noticed small white blister on ear. Should I consult a skin specialist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3621 Questions
Hi there, I recently noticed a small white circle on the front of my 2 year old daughters ear. I thought I could scratch it off, as it looks a bit like a small blister that is totally flat or similar to a fish scale, however it did not scratch off. It is not dry or flaky and looks like it may have formed on the skin not like discolouration of the skin. Should I go to a skin specialist ? Do you have any ideas why it has appeared? It has been there for a few months now. Thanks so much for your help! Kindest Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

The site of involvement and the description you gave about the lesion makes me suspicious about the lesion being due to fungal infection.

If the patch is itchy or with any amount of redness surrounding the lesion then it confirm the fact.

Its always better to confirm the fact through reliable tests for fungal infection like KOH mount of the skin scraping from the lesion.

Do apply MICANAZOLE ointment twice daily for three days over the lesion , if there is a better change then do continue it for a week more, if there is no response then consulting a Dermatologist with a KOH mount test would be essential.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor