Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Noticed small pus filled balls in pubic area. Cause and treatment?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9634 Questions
What is the cause of and treatment of small pus filled balls (1-2mm) in the pubic area. It has a red itchy area and the lymph node on that side is inflamed and painful.
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have either multiple boils (Infection of a hair follicle) or Infected sebaceous cysts over pubic region with inflamed lymph node on the same side.

I shall be happy if you can post me some information that will help me in making any comment on your problem.
1) Do you have unprotected sex in very recent time ?
2) Do you have any urinary symptoms associated wit this problem ?
3) Do you have fever with chills.?

However final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination so please consult qualified general surgeon or urologist for clinical assessment .

Get your basic test like Routine urine test and Haemogram done that will help us in diagnosis.
In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory drugs like Diclofenac to combat the infection.Get prescription of these medicines from your family Physician.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed small pus filled balls in pubic area. Cause and treatment? 1 hour later
1. I have had unprotected sex with my current girlfriend for 4 months. The only other unprotected sex was in early march with a different girl.I had blood and urine STD check in December which was clear. My current partner is STD clear.

2. I have no urinary problems.

3. I have had flu symptoms for 2 weeks. Cough, sore muscles, fatigue, running nose, synous pressure.

There are multiple small pus filled lumps witha red rash at the site. It is painful and itchy. The lymph node below the site is swollen and painful.

I do alot of training in the gym and running which I have had to stop.

What do you think the cause is and the treatment.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Thanks for follow up
Please consult qualified general surgeon or urologist for clinical examination to confirm the diagnosis
.As I have already mentioned in my reply earlier take the antibiotics for a week.
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor