Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed small crack and red patches under foreskin after gallbladder stone surgery. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Dear Doctor,
I had got gall blader stone surgery one year back.Next day after surgery ,I saw a small crack under the fore skin.Then it dissappeared and came back after some time.With the time I am feeling problem during sex with my wife.Now it is red patches under the foreskin and on the head of penis.It some times itches.After usind Clobetasole ointment it dissapears but after some time it again appears.
My wife is the only sex partner to me.
Please suggest.

Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

From the description given it looks like you might have or had balanoposthitis. The reasons are several. It is important to stop the clobetasol and get the region examined by the nearby Dermatologist or General Physician for confirmation of the above possibility. If confirmed this is completely treatable with proper medication.

Clobetasol cream does no good for your problem.

You need a better lubrication like KY Jelly before you try to harden the penis. This also helps for better penetration during intercourse.

Let me know if you have further inqury into the problem.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed small crack and red patches under foreskin after gallbladder stone surgery. Any suggestion? 13 hours later
Dear Doctor,

It was supposed to get prescription of medicine from your side,Any way,I have contacted a doctor.He has prescrbed Fluconazole-150 mg Tablets ,once daily for a month.Candid ointment twice daily.
Let me know,is it OK ?

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Yes, go ahead with this treatment. Keep the area dry and use lubrication if you resume the intercourse.

As the diagnosis was not made I cannot give a prescription here.

If you do not have further queries, please close our discussion now.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor