Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed small black worm after urination. Concerned

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 540 Questions
I just went to the bathroom and when i turned to flush i noticed a small black worm and am concerned it cane out through my urine. I am in complete panic...!
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

First, if you are certain that the worms did come from your urine - then there is a strong possibility that some nematodal worms may have been infested in your body. The diagnosis would depend on microscopic examination of the worm itself and clinical symptoms that you may or may not manifest.

Second, you need a thorough clinical examination to see the entire organs that might have been affected, as these nematodal infections are notoriously known to migrate internally and cause spread.

Precisely, 2 worms called - Schistosoma and another Ascaris are supposedly black in color that may be closest to your complaints right now.

Treatment would depend on the worm diagnosed - drugs are given for specific period of therapy along with close contacts of yours for effective treatment.

There is no need of panic, as these are well curable if promptly given medical care.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.


Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor