Noticed slight discoloration on penis tip. What is the cause and treatment required?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: i noticed a slight discoloration inside my penis right at the tip. it looks off white. i have seen a doctor and he said there was no leakage or anything. just wondering
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Sometimes discolorations may appear in the form of plaques/patches.Most are not serious and occur due to various reasons like hygiene, hair follicles and sweat glands,
skin conditions like psoriasis etc, inflammatory causes, STDs.Almost all are harmless and treatable. The only thing to worry about is cancer.However,penile cancer doesnt usually present as discolouration/spots. If the routine causes have been ruled out by your doctor,you need not worry.Just keep track of the discoloration and note if it increases in area/changes etc.Inform your doctor if that happens.
Follow up: Dr. Rhea Chanda 22 hours later
Just watching everything now. I noticed a bump on the side of my scrotum. I have had hair bumps in my pubic area before. I could see a hair in it so I pulled it out. Now the bump is hard but still there. Do you think there is anything to be alarmed of?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 45 minutes later
Infection/inflammation of the hair follicle/sebaceous glands is common.Usually they resolve on their own.If there is no change in size/pain/redness then no need to worry.
You can apply hot fomentation.If its a hair follicle it will resolve.If there is any pus discharge etc then have it examined.If the bumps increase in size/number have it examined again.