Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

129 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed slight discoloration on penis tip. What is the cause and treatment required?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
i noticed a slight discoloration inside my penis right at the tip. it looks off white. i have seen a doctor and he said there was no leakage or anything. just wondering
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Sometimes discolorations may appear in the form of plaques/patches.Most are not serious and occur due to various reasons like hygiene, hair follicles and sweat glands,
skin conditions like psoriasis etc, inflammatory causes, STDs.Almost all are harmless and treatable. The only thing to worry about is cancer.However,penile cancer doesnt usually present as discolouration/spots. If the routine causes have been ruled out by your doctor,you need not worry.Just keep track of the discoloration and note if it increases in area/changes etc.Inform your doctor if that happens.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed slight discoloration on penis tip. What is the cause and treatment required? 22 hours later
Just watching everything now. I noticed a bump on the side of my scrotum. I have had hair bumps in my pubic area before. I could see a hair in it so I pulled it out. Now the bump is hard but still there. Do you think there is anything to be alarmed of?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 45 minutes later
Infection/inflammation of the hair follicle/sebaceous glands is common.Usually they resolve on their own.If there is no change in size/pain/redness then no need to worry.
You can apply hot fomentation.If its a hair follicle it will resolve.If there is any pus discharge etc then have it examined.If the bumps increase in size/number have it examined again.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist