Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Noticed skin growth in scrotum. Is there any home remedy? What are the chances of infertility?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Hello, my boyfriend is without health insurance and is quite stressed out from this growth in one of his sacks.. is there any home remedies? Im really worried if it's cancerous. Please help! Also, what are the chances for infertility?
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later

I understand your concern towards your boyfriend.

I would like to know a few things here.

Is the growth visible to naked eye or he is feeling a growth inside his testicle sacs?

How long has it been there?

Is it in both the sacs and one?

Was there a history of trauma prior to this growth?

Please write a bit more about his concern, so that I can suggest better.

The only home remedies are to keep ice packs locally to reduce the size and decrease the inflammation. He should also be wearing lose underwear.

I do not think it is cancerous at this stage.

A physical examination by a PCP is required to rule out the cancer and also to check for the chances of infertility.

Given your boyfriend's condition, it is imperative to XXXXXXX a local doctor and get examined. There are 'Cash Only' doctors who give great discounts up to 90% whom you can find in your local area. There are certain Urgent clinics managed by Nurse practitioners at very low cost. Try to find them out in the area and get him examined.

Awaiting your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed skin growth in scrotum. Is there any home remedy? What are the chances of infertility? 17 hours later
Thank you very much.
to answer your questions..
its about the size of a pea, not visible but you can feel it.
it's been there for about 6-7 months.
it's only present in one of his sacs.
I don't believe there to be any historical trauma prior.
Also, he says sometimes his balls feel heavy or full..
Thanks again.
Awaiting your response,
Concerned girlfriend.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later

Thanks for providing me the details.

It seems like a small varicocoele in one of his testicles. I do not think there is any major health concern here.

Getting an ultrasound scan of the scrotum will help in confirming the cause. The treatment can be planned accordingly.

Feeling of heaviness or fullness in the sacs is generally of sign of Varicocoele.

Meanwhile, let him continue to wear loose undergarments to prevent any further damage.

Hope this helps. If you have no further queries, you may close the discussion and write a review.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor