Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

140 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Noticed skin growth between anus and scrotum. Getting pain after squeezing. Should I go to ER?

Answered by
Dr. Enrique Molina

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 364 Questions

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi i'm 5'10 300 lbs I was showering last night and I noticed a growth of some sort under the skin between my Anus and Scrotum, closer to my anus more on the left side of my butt cheek about one inch long oval shaped it feels like its attached to something. It isnt bothering me but if i squeeze on it a little it does give me some pain just wondering if I should go to the ER and get it checked out.
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 1 hour later
What you are describing seems to be an anal skin tag, which is fairly common, and a completely benign entity. Of course you should have it checked out by a physician to make sure it is nothing else such as a condiloma, anal cancer (rare, particularly at your age), thrombosed hemorrhoids, etc. I wouldn't advise you to go to the emergency department unless the pain is strong and doesn't go away, since the type of doctor that has the most expertise for these kind of problems is a colorectal surgeon, and these are issues they prefer to evaluate in the office. You will probably get an anoscopy by the surgeon as well.
Hope that helped. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Scrotum

doctor1 MD

i am 18yrs old,male and i have been masturbating since i was 14yrs old. i masturbate 5-12 times a week and sometimes i don t do it for days. i feel that i have varicocele because i see a slight difference between the length of my scrotum. i don t have pain or anything but have itching sometimes.

doctor1 MD

I had a brazilian wax about 7 months ago.. Skin and a subsequent burn 4.5 cm x 2.5 cm was removed from scrotum. I'm under the care of a dermatologist and urologist. We've tried everything from adhesive syslastic gel, aquaphore, scrotal sling, etc. Recommendation, since it is in a moist area with friction and the healing process waxes and wanes. Recommendation from both dermatologist and Urologist, excision and removal of inflammed tissue. Your thoughts I do not smoke, have diabetes, etc.

doctor1 MD

i have a blood blister on my scrotum above a vein its no bigger than 1.5mm when i compress the skin theblood dissapears into the vein uppon the release of the skin the blood flows back into the blister. its not tghe first time but they always dissapear they do not easily burst in fact i dont think ive ever physicaly gotten one to burst. the scrotum is heavily veined could it be that my scrotal skin is easily damaged.

doctor1 MD

Hi. I had an angiogram 10 days ago and developed a haematoma in my groin. The bruising there has started to fade but I also have heavy bruising and some pain around my penis and scrotum. This hasn't faded at all and, if anything, has got worse. Is this normal?

doctor1 MD

Can testicular torsion cause LOW grade pain?

doctor1 MD

Ok, I asked about this yesterday in the main forum. After thinking about it and being a little more clear headed, I decided to put it here in the "ask a specialist." Most of my question yesterday went unanswered. What was answered was very short...

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with intermittent testicular torsion 3 years ago and had orchiopexy performed with non absorbable sutures. Before the surgery my testicle would be backwards (180 degrees) 90% of the time or more and I had pain every day from it....