Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Noticed shrinkage and pain in testicle while having erection and ejaculation. How to cure this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
Hello. I've had a somewhat embarrassing and uncomfortable condition for my adult life. Whenever I have an erection, my testicles suck up behind the pubic region and really close to my body. I have to work them back down or it becomes very painful, especially before ejaculation. Under normal circumstances, both testicles hang normally. Is there something that can be done to fix this? I've never discussed this with a doctor. Sadly, it's even difficult to discuss it here. I appreciate your time.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 25 minutes later
I can assure you, your problem is quite frequent, and some of our patients feel it gets more common in the winter months. Again, this is also relatively more common among young adults who tend to probably have what we call an 'exaggerated cremasteric reflex'. The unusual feature in your case is presence of pain if not for which you need not worry about this condition at all. I doubt if any kind of surgery to fix the testes from moving upwards would work, and also as of now, i can not think of a way to stop the cremasteric reflex and therefore at the moment, I suggest that whenever you attempt intercourse, do so in a relatively warm environment. May be you can turn the air-conditioning down during summer, and in colder climates may be snuggle up behind some heavy blankets. I can appreciate the fact that you might not be able to choose this every time you have an erection.
Hope I have been of some use.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor