Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

179 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Noticed semen discharge while urinating. Any treatment?

Answered by
Owl Image
Dr. Das Arindam

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1416 Questions

i have seen my semen discharge during urinate in the morning?
suggest me to rectify this.
Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 47 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Your description sounds like a prostatitis. In this condition, seminal discharge takes place at the time of urination. But some other symptoms like pain in lower abdomen, increased urine frequency, fever, and many more should also be present.

For confirmation, you have to consult with urologist. But, before consulting, you must do a routine urine examination. After getting the report, you can consult with urologist. If any sign of infection found, urine culture and sensitivity should be carried out.

Look, the treatment of this condition, depends on the urine examination. If bacterial infection is seen, antibiotic should be given according to the culture report.

So, do a urine examination and consult with urologist for a thorough clinical examination and for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on Prostatitis

doctor1 MD

Hi I am a 22 year old male, with pain and swelling in my epididymis. I was diagnosed with epididymitis about a year and a half ago and went through multiple trials of antibiotics and anti inflammatory medicine. Some trials came with a little relief but pain and swelling would return after about a month. I also had an ultrasound which showed nothing abnormal. After about 6 months of dealing with epididymitis doctors diagnosed me with chronic prostatitis. After I was diagnosed, I decided to enroll myself in yoga and found myself a knowledgeable physical therapist to help with all my pelvic pain. After about 2 months of working with the PT my pelvic pain was alleviated. It's been about 3 or 4 months since I've been back and my pelvic pain is still minimal, however I still have great pain and swelling in both of my epididymis. I can feel that the coils are very swollen and the actual epididymis is swollen and hard. I have yet to find relief to the swelling and pain of the epidiymis although I've found relief in all my other forms of pelvic pain. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

doctor1 MD

it's been two years i have a problem with urination,

difficulty in urination plus frequency...lately they told me i have's wbc count in the urine after prostate massage is 15...i took three monthes course of treatment and the problem remains the same so pls pls... what can i do??

doctor1 MD

Hi! I'm a 46 years old male, and I've had UTI (E. Coli in the urine) for 6 months. approx. 2 months ago my urine was clear from bacteria (after treatment with different antibiotics), and I've had blood in the urine twice - first it was 6 months ago and now. The blood disappeared in one or two hours after drinking a lot of water. And there was pain, after voiding the bladder twice, the third time it was painful and only a little volume of urine in red color. My question is, could this be because of the inflammation (prostate and bladder), because the last one month I stopped using tamsulosin? Or should I have a cystoscopy for more accurate diagnosis?

doctor1 MD

Is there really someone here live?

I have been on Vyvanse since September and have been going thru some major problems leading and now pointing to Prostatitis...and am now finding a "load" of connections to Vyvanse! Noone has mentioned a word of this yet?

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, i am 44 years old and my ivf is planned next month in XXXXXXX 2018. The Infertility specialist has suggested me to undergo Semen analysis and culture. The results of the HSA is as follows : VOLUME : 1.5 ML Total Count : 65 Million/ML...

doctor1 MD

I’m a male 76 years of age and have had some pain in the pubic area when I urinate - I have had to yhrinate very frequently as well for the past three days -this morning I urinated blood (first time ever) - since my first episode of urinating...

doctor1 MD

Hello, Is black stool something to worry about, even though I recently had a CT (with barium) that noted a normal stomach, small bowel, and small colon? It just happened, whereas my bowel movement this morning was a "normal" color. I noticed a...