Noticed redness and itching in testicles. Not getting cured by medicine. How to get relief?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Question: I have severe itching in testicles ( M/36) and the area truning red at many places . Initially i used Clotomatozole ( anti fungal) solution for cuple of days . With some improvement , i switched to Clogen G for next three days . With little improvement . Then Saw a physican , who without checking the affetced area , gave me Candiderma + cream along with Histafree M tablets. I used Candiderma along with betnovate c ( from my side ) to supress the itching and tehn put some talcum powder over it .
Finally i met dermatologist today as things were not improving . He checked the affected area and mentioned its not fungal infection but scortum dermatitis and have prescbried: Dipgenta + cream along with Defza 30 mg( 2 daily), allercet ( once) , Azithral( once) ,aceclo plus (thrice) . Most liely things will improve as i have just started these medication . But the pain is severe and i cant walk properly . Any advide on painkiller i can take , the one Aceclo plus is not releving me of the pain . Any comment on mediication .
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing in.
Its good that you have visited the dermatologist and diagnosis has been confirmed.

The prescription given to you is good one and you should continue the drugs.
You will get releif within 5-7 days.
The pain may be due to infection in the area for which you have been given Azithral and aceclo.
Tab Ultracet will be good option for you if pain is not getting relieved by aceclo.
Ultracet is tramadol and is very effective in relieving pain.
You can take 4 tablets per day very safely.

Hope this helps.Continue the medications and everything will be back to normal.

I will be available for follow up.
DrSudarshan
MD dermatologist.

Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 13 hours later
Thanks for your reply . The pain is too much may be since its on both sides of the testicles i cant move ( I am off office today ) as it rubs in with thighs. I was wondering if Etoshine or Etoshine MR or Nilumid will also be a option as well for temporary relief from pain till mediacation starts showing results . if yes which of these strong pain killer(Ultracet , Etoshine or Etoshine MR or Nilumid ) would be better in my case . Thanks
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi again,
Thanks for the details.

I can understand your situation and the pain your are going through.

As Ive already suggested you Tab Ultracet will be good for you.
It is one of the strongest analgesic available.Upto 4 tablets are safe per day.

Hope this helps.

DrSudarshan