Noticed reddish white spot on penis and foreskin. Suggest medicines?

Posted on Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: hi doctor

today after noon suddenly feel urinal nd thn i stop driving nd strated pissing on the road side then it was very horrible then i seen red nd whitish dot on head of the penis nd also on foreskin in quantity these are rarely little itching ..........i m 32 years 74 kg 5'-11" indian guy . And i had intercourse arround one month ago with a close Girl friend. I want to know the medicine which i should use earlier bcoz i am nt able to go doctor for next 24 hours.
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 55 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to us.

I feel you are worried about small red and white lesions in your penis and foreskin. These are itchy and I guess not painful. You also report having sex with a close girlfriend a month back.

From these features, I think that you could be suffering from genital infective condition. There are three main possibilities keeping the itchiness in mind.

The first condition to be considered is genital warts. It is caused by human papilloma virus and is described as small skin eruptions on the penis in males and can get itchy after a while. They generally appear in clusteres.

The other condition is fungal infection (candidiasis). This is caused by a slow growing fungus. It multiplies in areas kept moist and dirty. This condition is associated with significant itchiness.

The last possibility is the presence of allergic eruptions with a secondary bacterial infection causing the white dots.

Whatever the cause, please get yourself examined by a dermatologist and take medicines given by your doctor.

Please do not worry about not being able to go to doctor for 24 hours. Wash your genital area with soap and water daily and keep it dry.

Hope your query is answered.
Further doubts welcome.

Dr. A. Rao Kavoor

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 2 hours later
yes these are in form of cluster and now this time i am m feeling easy. i used coconut oil and hope you have to tell me precautions first aid medicine (antibiotics & Cream) and tomorrow evening i will to be my doctor.

Last Friday and Saturday i spent an hour each day in swimming pool and after getting shower was not able to soak the my body and when i reached at home then forget to take change in the cloths and i changed them on next day. so in your opinion that can be reason of all these red dots and white pitchy. these are not painful very rarely and little itchy.
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

If you are in the habit of wearing wet or damp clothes regularly after swimming, there could be a possibility of fungal infection to develop.

Precautions to be taken to avoid further such problems are:
1. Always use condoms during sex with a friend or stranger to prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
2. Keep your genital region clean and dry.
3. Change your inner clothes daily, wear cotton innerwear preferably.

Till you XXXXXXX your doctor you could do the following:
1. Trim your pubic hair.
2. Apply Calamine lotion to the area if there is itching.

Your doctor will examine you completely and give you any of the following treatments:
1. Antibiotics (ointment or tablets) if it is a bacterial infection.
2. Antifungals (ointment, powder or tablets) if it is a fungal infection.
3. Antihistamines (tablets)if it is an allergy.

Please get your close friend to consult a doctor if she is having similar problems.

Hope your queries are answered.

Dr A. Rao Kavoor
Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor

Psychiatrist