Noticed red stringy discharge during urination. What could it be?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Question: Okay so I'm having a bright red stringy discharge and pain during urination that doesn't feel like burning but it feels like extreme pressure down there. What could it be?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that from your history it seems that there is a possibilty that you may be suffering from urinary tract infection . Some times fever and burning micturition can occur late also . You are having dysuria that is the pressure like feeling while passage of urine . I will advise you to get a CBC , Urine r/m and urine c/s done and consult a physician for this so that appropriate management can be done . Take care. Dr. Shruti