Noticed red spots inside lower lips. Should I be worried?

Dr. Praveen Rodrigues

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hey I am concerned about the inside of my lower lip, when I pull it out to look at it I can see a bunch of different veigns, and I have a red spot inside the middle of my lip, I also have some very tiny nonpainful bumps inside it, I have nxiety issues and tend to get worked up over my health every once in a while. I was wondering if u think I should look into it or not? I'm really worried about it. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank u so much and have a grat night.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 17 minutes later
Hi there.
From your description, you have nothing to worry about...the veins are pretty normal in some folk & the little boil you describe is probably a traumatic lip/cheek bite that has become a tiny granuloma. It will not bother you & yes your anxiety levels being high, this seems increasingly a likely diagnosis. You dont have to worry about anything sinister. i advice you to go across to a dentist or oral surgeon or a dermatologist nearest you for best results as sometimes one resects these tiny growths if they become chronic. Again, nothing to worry about..it is a 5-10 mt procedure done in the outpatient under local anaesthesia & you will soon be as good as new!!
Cheers & good luck. Please do close this query & move on...you are good to go as one would say! Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD