Noticed red specks in stool. What are the complication?

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: tissuey redish small pieces somekind of hard in touch. no pain or costipation noticed. thank you
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 21 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Would love you to be a a bit elaborate and precise on what you actually experience as a problem.
Where do you get these reddish small pieces? is it in the stool, ? Is it in urine? Is it from any discharges.
With more precision it shall be easier for us to carefully examine and be more elaborate in seeking a solution to your health problem.
Will really be honored if you could offer these pieces of information. Waiting to hear from you soonest.
Best regards,Luchuo, MD.
Follow up: Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 minutes later
in the stool randomly light redish and when you put your fingers it disperses apart into a more fleshy like feel
they do not appear a the time but the last one month for five times more or less. they are bit of hard in feel in the beginning and then they disperse to softher if i squeze them . could this be from tomatoes ?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 7 minutes later
Thanks for your questions,
If the substance is actually reddish, it could be of interest knowing if its really bright red, or darkish red, for this could indicate the presence of blood. Depending on the drug maybe you might have taken like Iron tablets or the type of food you might have eaten, this could also discolor the stool. This is in considering the fact that you have no associated symptoms. observing this for your very first time or having experienced it before could be a key aspect in diagnoses.
I would suggest you take an appointment with your family physician first or internist, for a general examination to be performed, if possible take along samples of this reddish substance or stool. A stool examination coupled with a good clinical evaluation by your physician shall give a comprehensive and specific idea on management aspects.
Hope this helps and do not hesitate asking any further questions if need be.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Follow up: Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 12 minutes later
thank you doctor. i have been taking resoferon iron tablet for anemia but these pieces are visable only the last period. how come? and the color is light red
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 9 minutes later
If you have been taking iron tablets, this could partly explain the discoloration and change in the aspect of the stool. I still strongly suggest you XXXXXXX for family physician for a proper evaluation and examination of your stool.
Thanks and best regards,
Do not hesitate asking any further questions if need be. I will be glad to help.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.