Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

147 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Noticed red ring between head and shaft of penis. Tested negative for STD. What should I do?

Answered by
Dr. Sudhir Kumar


Practicing since :1994

Answered : 5697 Questions

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Question: I have not had sex before I am 19 and have been tested for stds and had none I have had a redish ring around between the head and shaft of my penis but I have had that for longer then I can remember way back from the first memoriy of my genitals its not irritating and does not cause pain its not even bright red its just a little redish and when I was tested for stds the doctor said that he could not find anything abnormal about it I came up negative for stds and have not had problems with it after that I was diagnosed with urithritis that is why I was tested for stds around 3 years ago now I have been diagnosed with urihtritis again I still have had no sexual contact with anyone so it is going away slowly but at first I thought I had a blader infection or something like that but I think I have a ulser or a kidnney stone because I have been getting nonregular dull pains through my groin area and down to my right testical Im going to see a doctor about it soon but this is what I need to ask you about I was masterbating today and came across a very small round dry flaky skin area on the top side of the shaft of the penis it rubbed right off and left nothing behind I am very scared about this and I tend to over worry a lot ..... do you think I should be scared or do you think it could be nothing?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that what you have described is totally normal, and there is nothing to worry about. Thin dry flakes of skin on occasions can be normally seen, without any disease.

Regarding your other symptoms, ultrasound examination of abdomen & pelvis can be done to exclude any renal or ureter stones.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 21 minutes later
Thank you so very much for your help with my problem Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I do have on other question for you it's not really about stds but I have a major issue with over worrying, I feel that it comes form my fathers stress disorder from the Vietnam war he was a helicopter field medic and now has one of the worse stress disoreders the V.A has ever seen or at least thats what they told him at the time. Could you recomend something to me that would help me with my worrying problem?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 minutes later

Thank you for getting back with more details.

For stress and anxiety, you could use clonazepam.

Also, try meditation.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Meditation

doctor1 MD

I ve had Fibromyalgia for about 25 years now and am doing so bad it s scary. I ve changed my diet over the years and eat really well, vegetarian, no nightshades, all organics, well balanced. I meditate and do Yoga and started pool therapy but I become a wreck, even when I take it easy. My mind is going. Memory loss and confusion and balance is awful. About 4 years ago I had a fall and got Complex Regional Pain Syndrome to go with it. My chronic sinusitis has become unbearable with roaring in my ears and insane sinusitis. At 58, I m getting scared my mind days are numbered. Sincerely, R. Jane Gagner

doctor1 MD

my tsh was 7.34 3yrs back..........i suffered from weakness and had a high pulse rate......(ECG reports said impaired diastolic relaxation) for the past one year i have not been taking any medicines .............i do yoga......can yoga alone cure it .............i dont want to take any more there any other way out to get away with it soon

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing intermittent symptoms of dark urine indicative of blood, and I am HIV positive. This all started after a yoga class, but it has nor subsided in over 24 hours... I am over 40. What should I prepare myself for as possible, or likely causes...

doctor1 MD

Hi Hoctor, My mother went to perform angiogram 2 years before. Doctors results shows of Ischaemic heart disease, Mild hypertensive heart n normal LV function. She under meditation for cholosterol n diabates. She having problem with occacasional cough n cold for d past 70 days... so what was d reason n what we should do?

doctor1 MD

Hi, Can you please check my blood, ecg and usg reports and let me know on which areas should I take care? Also, any suggestions on any specific diet to control the problem areas and medications if any?

doctor1 MD

I have had arthritis for thirty years, I am just starting to grunt and groan at the smallest irritation over any annoyance and walking, 73 years, I have tried green tea to calm my self down, I cant get into a calm peaceful state of mind, I used to...

doctor1 MD

I'm having recurring sharp pains in my head. Seems to be behind right eye and radiates to top of head. Pain is fleeting, but head feels strange after. Should I be concerned. First pain hit at around 3:30 this afternoon. Have had four in the past...