Noticed red ring between head and shaft of penis. Tested negative for STD. What should I do?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Question: I have not had sex before I am 19 and have been tested for stds and had none I have had a redish ring around between the head and shaft of my penis but I have had that for longer then I can remember way back from the first memoriy of my genitals its not irritating and does not cause pain its not even bright red its just a little redish and when I was tested for stds the doctor said that he could not find anything abnormal about it I came up negative for stds and have not had problems with it after that I was diagnosed with urithritis that is why I was tested for stds around 3 years ago now I have been diagnosed with urihtritis again I still have had no sexual contact with anyone so it is going away slowly but at first I thought I had a blader infection or something like that but I think I have a ulser or a kidnney stone because I have been getting nonregular dull pains through my groin area and down to my right testical Im going to see a doctor about it soon but this is what I need to ask you about I was masterbating today and came across a very small round dry flaky skin area on the top side of the shaft of the penis it rubbed right off and left nothing behind I am very scared about this and I tend to over worry a lot ..... do you think I should be scared or do you think it could be nothing?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that what you have described is totally normal, and there is nothing to worry about. Thin dry flakes of skin on occasions can be normally seen, without any disease.

Regarding your other symptoms, ultrasound examination of abdomen & pelvis can be done to exclude any renal or ureter stones.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 21 minutes later
Thank you so very much for your help with my problem Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I do have on other question for you it's not really about stds but I have a major issue with over worrying, I feel that it comes form my fathers stress disorder from the Vietnam war he was a helicopter field medic and now has one of the worse stress disoreders the V.A has ever seen or at least thats what they told him at the time. Could you recomend something to me that would help me with my worrying problem?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 minutes later

Thank you for getting back with more details.

For stress and anxiety, you could use clonazepam.

Also, try meditation.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM