Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

146 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Noticed red pea sized blister on the back of mouth. How to get relief?

Answered by
Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar


Practicing since :2003

Answered : 2190 Questions

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: on the back of my mouth is a red pea sized blister
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 33 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

The most common possibilities for your symptom are:
- a localized infection
- an inflamation in response to an inadvertent trauma to that area while swallowing, like from a sharp piece food material
- certain vitamin deficiencies, like vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) decifiency can often produce ulcers or redness or sorenes in the mouth

I would suggest the following remedial measures:

- Gargle your mouth three to four times a day with an antiseptic mouth wash, like Chlorhexidine (should be available over-the-counter) or with Betadine gargles.

- Take frequent hot fluids, as it can help relieve the inflamation and have a soothing effect also.

- Avoid dry or sharp foods, as it can cause more irritation to the affected area.

- You can also take a multivitamin supplement, preferably one with B-complex vitamins and Vitamin C, to promote better healing

If you follow these measures, your problem should most likely subside within a few days. However, if you the blister is becoming bigger or if you are developing more lesions, then you will have to see a doctor to have a proper evaluation.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Multivitamin

doctor1 MD

I take levothyroxine by 6:00 a.m. At 7:00 a.m. I take my probiotic (Blue Rock Holistics SUPER SHIELD). Wondering if there would be any interactions between those? At 8:00a.m. at breakfast I take krill oil, lisinopril, 80 mg. aspirin and metropolol. At 10:a.m. I take 2 ranitidine At noon I take my multivitamin and calcium along with other supplements

doctor1 MD

my mother is a diabetic and heart patient and has 25% EF...she is taking medicines for the same but due to medicines she is suffering from stomach problem like; dysentery or thick stool/constipation and gas problem. she is taking as per Doc. prescribed darolac-IBS, is it safe and good also please suggest that can she take multivitamin/minerals capsule(Nuroking gold) ?.

doctor1 MD

I have been having sclerotherapy treatments for my varicose veins. After 4 treatments they are not having the desired. Effect -they are not working. I have been told that horsechestnut may help. The only meds I am currently taking are one omega 3 tablet, a vitamin d and multivitamin daily. Is horsechestnut a good alternative, and would it interact with my daily meds, as outlined above?

doctor1 MD

Hi. Yesterday, my GP diagnosed me with celiac disease. My few symptoms seem to stem from vitamin deficiencies and anaemia through malabsorption i.e memory loss, numb tongue, pallor etc. Both my sister and father also have celiac disease, so I am no stranger to the hard-ships of a gluten-free diet. As a student, I have made an informed decision not to follow this treatment plan, with the knowledge that I would be increasing my risk of cancer, because I feel it would be impossible to fit around my lifestyle. I will be seeing my GP again next week for my follow-up appointment, and am planning to ask for a prescription for strong multivitamins, treatment for my anaemia, and digestive enzymes. In your opinion, how effective will this treatment plan be? Is my GP likely to agree to this? Thanks.

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, My wife is 12 weeks pregnant now. She is suffering a lot with constipation though she is try to take a lot of water as advised. COuld you advise if there is a medication or something for this. Also, right now she is suffering from mouth...

doctor1 MD

I am 45 days pregnant and i already have 1 child who is 2 years old. Myself amd my husband have not planned for the second child so we want to abort this pregnancy . We consulted a doctor and he has given 6 tablets for 10 days most of which is...

doctor1 MD

I am a 49 yo female. I have had external hemorrhoids in the distant past. I pass a large (long), snakey, formed stool daily. The terminal part of the stool is sometime mushy. Occasionally the stool clogs the toilet. I have a very fibre rich diet...