Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Noticed red and blotchy rash around vagina. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1677 Questions
Hi my 3 year old daughter has got a blotchy rash around her vagina, looks very red and raw inside as well. appeared 2days ago she doesn't seem uncomfortable at all
Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

In all likelihood this represents a vulvovaginal yeast infection. While I would expect her to be more symptomatic or annoyed by it, this is not necessarily the norm. The best thing to do is to keep the area dry, avoid anti-bacterial soaps, and get her in to see her Pediatrician to assess whether my theory is correct. It might be as simple as applying lotrimin cream or powder, but given her age, she needs to be seen.

I hope this helps. Please ask me if you have any additional questions!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed red and blotchy rash around vagina. What to do? 1 hour later
Ok thanks, have made appointment for tomorrow.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Great! Please ask if you have additional questions after tomorrows visit!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor