Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Noticed rashes that looks like herpies zoaster. Is there anything to get relief from pain or itching?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
My Aunt has a someone taking care of her. She called this morning at 5:00 telling me that my Aunt has a rash that looks like herpies zoaster. Untill we can get her to a doctor is there anything we can to releave the pain or itching? She has a blistery rash on her back and her neck. the girl taking care of her is afraid its goint to her face.

Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi dear ,

thanks for writing in.

Herpes zoster is a viral infection with blistering rash in dermatomal pattern.

If you are sure about herpes zoster valacyclovir should be started immediately.
Dose is 1gm thrice per day.

Also anlgesic anti inflammatory like ibuprofen should be started.
Also tramadol an opioid analgesic is to be given to counter the pain.

Also you can apply calamine lotion over affected are twice to thrice to reduce burning.
Calamine is available over the counter can be used till diagnosis is confirmed.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor