Noticed raised testicle. No pain or lump found. What could it be?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Testicle Problems
Question: My right testicle has suddenly felt raised today but doesnt appear to be and there is no pain or lump. What could it be?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Such symptom can appear due to inguinal hernia, testicle inflammation or epidydimis, testicle varicose.
With hernia, there can be pain in the testicle, a lump can be present but not necessary. It gets worse while standing and coughing. You can perform simple test. Put your hand in the groin area and try to cough while standing. If any movable lump will appear, the hernia it is.
With testicle inflammation the pain while urinating or burning when urinating appears.
Varicose can be palpated like noddles near the testicle.
To have it diagnosed you should have urine analysis and testicle ultrasound.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.