Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Noticed puss form in penis long with swelling. Chances of STD and suggest medicine to reduce swelling?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions
I could see a puss form in my pennis(just left of the head) along with swelling(foreskin is pulled back and red part could be seen).

I don't have any direct body contact but had my girl friend was on my lap for 15-20 mts. Is there a possibility of sexual transmitted disease ? if yes, How harm it is? Can you suggest any antiboitics/cream to reduce my swelling. It has been 4 days .It looks like its getting better .There is absolutely no pain/any other inconvenience.

I dont have any insurance and might not be possible to visit a doctor now. I just want to wait for 1 more week to see the progress.Please help !
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.

This is significant sign and such puss filled lesions are indicating bacterial infection.
There is some posiblity of yast infection,allergy or irritation ,but if this is puss for sure then this shold be treated with certain antibiotics( usually doxycicline or azytromycine). It would be easier if you post photo of it.
YOu can wait,nothing serious can happen,but it might not heal spontaneously and if there is any sign of progression,you should do STD testing and start antibiotic treatment. It can be STD if there wasnt contact during the sexual intercourse,but it can be infection which isnt caused by STD.
For swelling,you can apply nystatine cream or some mild topcal corticosteroide cream so ask your pharmacist about it. If there is fever,pain while urinating,swelling progression or penis discharge, you should visit urologist.
WIsh you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor