Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Noticed pinkish discoloration under the eyes. Should I be worried for vertigo?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 6941 Questions
I have had pink skin under my eyes for about one month. It developed about the same time as my vertigo.Now today the pink areas have obvious fluid beneath them. What is going on? What are the possible causes of vertigo?
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

The two symptoms of pinkish discoloration under the eyes and vertigo seem to be unrelated.

Pink discoloration below the eyes and fluid accumulation is referd to as under eye puffiness.

Under eye puffiness is a symptom of kidney diseases.
So, it is advisable to undertake renal function tests to rule out any kidney disease.

Vertigo occurs due to involvement of the inner ear by some disease process. Inner ear is associated with maintenance of balance.
Consult an ENT specialist for examination of inner ear and relevant investigations.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor