Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Noticed pink discharge after sex. Had tubal. Should I see a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
I am ovulating right now and after sex I had a small amount of light pink discharge. Later I noticed a stringy brown discharge. It lasted 1 day and has now stopped. I am not pregnant, had a tubal 7 years ago after my 2nd child. I am 36 years old. As far as I remember this is the first time this has happened. Is this something to worry about? Do I need to see my doctor immediately or should I observe for another month?
Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 13 minutes later
Thanks for your query. It seems like a mid cycle spotting, which is seen as a pinkish discharge if the amount of spotting is very minute. Small amount of blood mixed with vaginal discharge will present like this. And it is physiological.This is not a worrying thing right now. If you have any future episode of POST-COITAL BLEEDING and abnormal vaginal discharge I strongly suggest you to consult your OBGY specialist.
Other possibilities in your case might be mild CERVICITIS or a small cervical polyp. But these conditions will have recurrent episodes. So I suggest you to wait and not to worry. You can observe for few cycles and get a routine PAP smear. Its very very important to have regular PAP smear tests done.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor