Noticed pimple near anus. What are the chances of STD?

Posted on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Question: Hello,
I'm a 22 yr old female and about 4 days ago, I noticed one pimple like thing near the anus(actually not so near) but more toward the left gluteus. Today I showered and I noticed another one besides that one. They look more like popped pimples because there is a "hole" inside. I've been with the same partner for 3 years so I hope it is not std or anything like that. By the way, we had not had sex for 3 months, just oral sex about 2 weeks ago.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
From your description, it seems to be due to an infected sebaceous gland.
Usually such infections do improve on applying a local antiseptic like neosporin on the area. In case more such lesions appear with itching, pain and fever then a physical examination by a dermatologist is necessary for exact diagnosis.
Right now the lesions are not likely to be due to an STD.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
What is usually the cause for this? I forgot to mention today a pimple appeared on the tip of my labia minora (I say pimple because it has a white head). Do you think this is related to the same thing? And the ones that I mentioned before burn when I pee or get touched by my clothes. Thanks for the answer.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
It is usually seen due to an infection. In case the lesions are multiple and painful then systemic antibiotics may be needed to control the infection. Meanwhile try to keep the area clean and wear only cotton undergarments.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 hours later
Thank you doctor, I will go in person to another doctor though, since this morning more blisters or pimples appeared all around the anus area and they burn, hope it's only an infection like you said. Thanks again
Hello.
If multiple lesions have appeared along with burning and pain, then herpes needs to be ruled out. Consulting a dermatologist will be appropriate.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN