Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Noticed painless, red bump on anus. Squeezed and saw pus. Used antibiotic cream. Primary sign of syphilis ?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
ive been sexually active and found a painles, red bump over my anus and i squeezed it pus came out. i went to the dr and they gave me a antibiotic cream. Which brought down the swelling but I did not tell them i was sexually active. Do you think it could be the primary sign of syphilis ? also my low abdomen has been sore but not sure if its from the sexual activity or paranoia ? i do have a photo if needed
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Rule out STD

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your query, this could be a STD-sexually transmitted disease. If you had disclosed regarding your sexual activity to your treating doctor it would have been much better. Now what you need is laboratory evaluation to rule out STDs like Gonorrhoea or Chlamydia. I also suggest you to revisit your doctor, because you need oral antibiotics also.
Regarding your soreness in lower abdomen could be due to PELVIC INFECTION due to STD or any other vaginal infection. It is very important to treat this infection, because if not treated it could lead to fallopian block and hamper your future fertility.
Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed painless, red bump on anus. Squeezed and saw pus. Used antibiotic cream. Primary sign of syphilis ? 46 minutes later
they treated the infected area as folliculitis bc its in an area where i shave and I work out alot with thongs on...What std would this be symptoms of? worst case scenario ? And the last time I had unprotected sex was 4 weeks ago . If that helps ?
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be Chlamydia infection

Detailed Answer:
thank you for the follow up question. There could be possibility of Chlamydial infection. It is always safe to take a course of antibiotics to prevent any further damage to the fallopian tube and spread to other pelvic organs.
Worst case scenario will be spread of this infection to other pelvic organs.
Usually the infection takes few weeks to show its symptoms. Sometimes 4 weeks could be the incubation period for the symptoms to occur.
I usually give emperical treatment with Azithromycin single dose and Doxycycline 10 days for patients with similar complaints till we get the laboratory reports.
If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor