Noticed painless hard white lumps on scrotum. How to get rid of this?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Testicle Problems
Question: i have discovered small hard white small lumps on my scrotum. There is no pain. I've been on two very long airplane flights
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The small hard painless lumps on the scrotum are likely to be due to -
1. Folliculitis - due to a blocked and infected hair follicle. Usually has pus inside and needs an antibiotic and anti inflammatory drug for treatment.
2. Sebaceous cyst- due to a blocked sebaceous gland. The secretions start collecting inside and becomes painful. Needs to be surgically removed if infected.
3. Genital warts- due to a viral infection. Some of the simple tests carried out by your physician will confirm the diagnosis.
A thorough examination is a must for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Till then you can take general cleanliness measures to avoid any infection in that area.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.