Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Noticed painful red bumps on vulva . How to cure this and reduce pain?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
yesterday I noticed red bumps on my vulva and in the opening of my vagina. They are very painful and its kinda hard for me to walk. Ive had bumps down there before but they were ingrown hair, its really freaking me out and I don't know what to do! Is there anything I can do to reduce the pain so I can walk to go see a doctor! (I don't have a car and even by bus I still have to walk a fair bit which is out of the question right now!
Thanks for your help

Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

Thanks for posting,

What you can do right away now is get ice packs and place on your vulva. If you have any pain medication like aspirin or acetaminophen or ibuprofen or any pain medicine that you can get a hold of.
Cooling ice packs will relief you a little as it is an inflammation of the vulva and antiinflammatory will give you a little relief before you can go to the ER.

Hope this helps and let me know if you got any further questions. I will be online in case you need any more assistance.

Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor