Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Noticed painful knot on feet. What should be done for cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 576 Questions
I have recently noticed some knots near the arches and toes of my right feet and it does pain at times.

Kindly recommend what needs to be done, as I go for running on an everyday basis at the gym.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 26 hours later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Knots or trigger points are a common problem ans they are specially seen in patients who have a flat foot or those who exercise a lot. Running on the treadmill can be quite taxing for the feet and can lead to such problems. Feet have a lot of nerve endings and the sole is quite a sensitive area for such problems.

First of all you should wear comfortable shoes and try arch supports, which are commonly available. Another common exercise is to keep a soft tennis ball below your sole and to roll it. If you freeze the ball, it gives additional benefit. You can do this two to three times a day.

Regular massage and reflexology also provides a lot of relief from this pain and tiredeness. You can consult a chiropracter or a physiotherapist, who can give you a few lessons.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor