Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Noticed painful cuts and water blisters on penis foreskin. Tested negative for STD. Underlying cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6680 Questions
I seem to have suffered some sort of trauma to the foreskin of my penis. I noticed small painful lesions/cuts to my penis forsekin on shaft and applied hydrocortizone 10 to them. They seemed to get more painful and formed sores that have now scabbed. Also a few small water blisters have formed on the new skin and around the area of the sores. 2 mos ago I was tested for all STDs and was negative. A month later I had unprotected sex with one partner. The cuts/liasions formed approx 3 weeks later. I workout vigoursly with weights and cardio equipment daily and thought I might have injured it lifting weights and scraping the forsekin. It appeared at first like a couple of scrapes that were very painful to touch and just got worse, but now have scabbed and are healing 2 weeks 3 days later. But its still sore to touch in some areas.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
Thanks for the query.
I can understand your problem and would try to help you understand this.
Your workouts and exercises have nothing to do with it.
In fact you have to figure out why the whole thing is happening.
It is not usual to get cuts on your foreskin.
These may be due to masturbating  very hard or may be due to encountering very dry vagina during sex and not using any lubricant.
It may be due to the presence of some element of phimosis where you are able to retract your foreskin in flaccid state of penis but not in erect state and this ultimately results in minor cuts on foreskin whenever you do sex.These cuts get fresh whenever the foreskin stretches.Any cut when heals results in fibrosis which further results in more loss of elasticity of foreskin.
Sometimes infection like fungal or bacterial may cause local inflammation resulting in condition called as balanoposthitis.
Diabetics have higher incidence of  balanoposthitis and you would need to get tested to rule it out.
You have already ruled out STD's. 
If the cause is non infectious,then hydrocortisone cream application for few days should settle the problem,but If the cause is infection,then you would need to apply antifungal or antibiotic creams.
If you are repeatedly getting these cuts ,then best would be to go for circumcision.
This surgery is simple and results are forever lasting.
You must consult a urologist and plan out the treatment.
Till then,abstain from sex and masturbation and let the foreskin heal.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed painful cuts and water blisters on penis foreskin. Tested negative for STD. Underlying cause? 27 minutes later
I am circumsized and have not ruled out the STD part because I did have unprotected sex one time 3 weeks before this occured. I also mentioned the exercise because this seems to cause the clear water blisters. They "pop" up on the new healed skin after exercise on cardio equipment. The area was sore to touch and felt much like something caused by friction. As I stated they started out like a few cuts in the foreskin but seem to have gotten worse after application of the hydrocortisone 10 to the affected area. As I stated this has been on my penis now for 2 weeks and 3 days. The water/clear blisters are only around the affected area and look like much like a blister from friction. I have taken a couple of photos of it. This is after a week of healing.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
These lesions could be because of frictional injury caused by your workouts but I would advise you to get them tested for HSV infection.
Stop applying hydrocortisone cream and use only Local anti biotic cream.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor