Noticed painful bump on vaginal lip. There is no vaginal discharge. Any home remedy?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: hi doc thanks in advance
3 days back i noticed a bump on both of my outer vagainal lip but ignored it thinking that it may have occured bc of shaving. but it started to grow in size and in just 3 days now i have it on both sides and they are very painful and like a size of a cherry.. its irritating and gets red. very hard to walk and sit properly.. i dont have STDs for sure. i didnt notice any vaginal discharge apart from the normal.
im very unconfortable to go to see a doctor bc of my schedul, so please please let me know any home remedy i can apply.

i cheked with the inhouse clinic where i work and they told me to try and ointment named "Fucidin"
i still didnt try it tho.

please i need your help soon.

thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
You probably have an abscess or a cyst which is infected from the symptoms you have told me. You also may have folliculitis due to the shaving,which is basically an infected gland.It seems that due to the infection you will need to take some antibiotics. I dont think that applying the cream will help at the moment.You will need oral antibiotics at least and if there is an abscess then it needs to be assessed and and drained if necessary.So i suggest you find some time to see a doctor for examination.