Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Noticed movable knot on side of face near ear. Worrisome

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 353 Questions
I have a knot that appeared on the left side of my face near my ear a week ago. It moves around
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 42 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The lesion you described above i.e knot near ear which is mobile easily is likely to be enlarged lymph node.

Is it painful? If yes enlarged lymph node can be due to any infection ranging from common cold, dandruff, ear diseases, dental caries. If causative infection is treated, it diminishes completely. I would suggest you to consult physician to rule out and treat the underlying infection.

If it is painless then just observe it for increase in size, appearance of pain. It does not need treatment usually.

Anytime if knot is fixed, hard and surface becomes irregular; then you need a consult by ENT specialist.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed movable knot on side of face near ear. Worrisome 30 hours later
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 3 hours later
You are welcome.

If you have no further queries, please close this discussion. Any reviews are welcome.

If you are satisfied with my reply and wish to ask me a question related to your health in future, you may post your queries on this link:
Wish you good health


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor