Noticed lump near collar bone that is sometimes painful. What is the cure?

Posted on Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: Yes i found a lump on my upper right chest near the collar bone its not on the outside its on the inside and sometimes i get pain near my shoulder blades
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX i advise you to see a doctor, as an examination will give an idea what it is, if it a lump, an FNAC can tell what it is. It might be a simple lipoma or it might be an abscess, neurofibroma, and a numerous conditions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 minutes later
I asked a doctor on here and he said it might be a lympnode and might need a biopsy
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 16 hours later
Brief Answer: FNAC or Biopsy is required Detailed Answer: See, as I said, a physical examination can clear the doubt of whether it's a lump or lymph node. So its always advisable to get it biopsied to see what it is. I advise you to go for biopsy, if your doctor confirms on examination that it is a lymph node. Hope this helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Answered by
Dr. Anshul Varshney

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 3072 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Biopsy

doctor1 MD

I was recently diagnosed with a hyperthyroid . I have noticed many of the symptoms for a long time but never really thought much of it. I have also...

doctor1 MD

Hi I had a little bleeding a few years after my periods stopped and had a polyp removed - I found out today that the biopsy was clear but I also...

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir/madam,

I saw your website thru internet, I am having azoospermia problem.

Azoospermia confirms by biopsy in right testies. The report says...

doctor1 MD

my son was diagnosed with rhabdomayosarcoma in his right testicle in dec 2008. we was 5yrs old. it was stage 1 and had the testicle removed no...

doctor1 MD

Hi there I’m a 42 yo healthy male with mild psoriasis and psuedogout. Recent routine blood tests were normal. Three weeks ago whilst I had a mild...

doctor1 MD

Hi I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer from a biopsy . They think it is confined to prostate. GS 3+4. 19/12 probes positive. 15% of tissue...

doctor1 MD

My father is 70 years old and has been detected with out of bound reports for some of the Tests related to Kidney . Attached are prescriptions and...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

157 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction