Noticed lump near collar bone that is sometimes painful. What is the cure?

Posted on Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: Yes i found a lump on my upper right chest near the collar bone its not on the outside its on the inside and sometimes i get pain near my shoulder blades
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX i advise you to see a doctor, as an examination will give an idea what it is, if it a lump, an FNAC can tell what it is. It might be a simple lipoma or it might be an abscess, neurofibroma, and a numerous conditions.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 minutes later
I asked a doctor on here and he said it might be a lympnode and might need a biopsy
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 16 hours later
Brief Answer: FNAC or Biopsy is required Detailed Answer: See, as I said, a physical examination can clear the doubt of whether it's a lump or lymph node. So its always advisable to get it biopsied to see what it is. I advise you to go for biopsy, if your doctor confirms on examination that it is a lymph node. Hope this helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Anshul Varshney