Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Noticed lump inside rectum area and getting abdominal pain. How to get relief?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5574 Questions
Hi I have discovered a lump inside my rectum area which is protruding out it is quite tender but not painful. I have also experienced some abdominal cramps the past few days and I have period skips also what could this be?
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely possibility is a rectal prolapse, where a part of rectum protrudes out of the anus.

The common symptoms are rectal pain, tenderness, pain while passing stools and bleeding.

The only other differential diagnosis is haemorrhoids or piles, but in piles, pain is not a feature, bleeding from rectum is the main complaint.

Please consult a surgical gastroenterologist or a colo rectal surgeon for evaluation and treatment.

Hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor