Noticed lump in the crook of elbow. Feels soft and squishy after pressing. What can this be?
The description you are providing can go with two possibilities .
Lipoma is a soft subcutaneous swelling composed of fat cells.
It can move slightly from one side to other. soft in consistency asymptomatic.
Sebaceous cyst has also got soft consistency .It does not move under the skin.Has got a black colored punctum or dot like opening on it .
Which one do you think suits the most?
Both are benign swelling if not symptomatic they can be left alone without treatment.
Anticipating your response.
Thank you and looking forward to next post
The fact that it disappears on flexing the arm suggets it is a lipoma.
It is a very common and benign swelling.
If it is not symptomatic nothing much is to be done about it.It can be left alone.The swelling will not increase in size or cause any problem in your lifetime.
It can be removed if it is painful /causes problems in function / is unsightly in appearance.
Can be removed by a minor surgery under local anesthesia.
Hope this helps.
If you need any further clarification do let me know.
If you are satisfied with the answer please accept it and rate it at the end.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lump in crook of elbow
- What is the treatment for lump near an elbow
- Feel fluid lump in crook elbow
- Soft moveable lump on childs elbow
- Fluid filled lump in crook of elbow
- Soft lump on elbow
- Soft mushy lump on elbow
- Lump on elbow after fall
- What causes lumps in wrist and elbows
- Soft movevla lump on elbow
- Should I take acetaminophen for fever, constipation and vomiting?
- What can I do to relieve skin rash?
- Bloating, incomplete evacuation, constipation, blood in stool, unable to...
- Does taking Jack3d supplement have any psychological side effects ?
- Are heavy snoring, shortness of breath with coughing and dry throat...
- Periods completed, spotting during sex, pain in back and abdomen....
- How is lichen planus pigmentosus treated ?
- Patiki eye rash on shin. Treatment?
- How is aspartyglucoseaminuria and rheumatoid arthritis treated ?
- Why is it hurting inside my pubic area?