Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Noticed lump between anus and testicles. Started growing in size. Looking for cure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Hi I am a 58 year old male with generally good health, about 4 weeks ago I noticed a small lump the size of a pea underneath the skin between my anus and testicles in the area at the bottom of my scrocham.
Its now grown to about 20cms the size of my thumb nail and appears to be elongated and attached to the underneath of the skin.
theres no discharge or pain but getting uncomfortable
help and advice would be appreciated
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 57 minutes later

The most common causes of a lump at that location are
1) Sebaceous cyst
2) Hidradenitis suppurativa

Both of them are uncomfortable but no pain and discharge. They arise from skin glands and when the duct of the glands are blocked.

You need to get this lump examined and get excised by the doctor under local anesthesia. It takes less than an hour and does not require hospitalization.

Let me know if you have further inquiries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed lump between anus and testicles. Started growing in size. Looking for cure 12 hours later
thank you for your answer the lump appears to be growing quite fast could it be anything else?

i will make an appointment to see doctor tomorrow.

thank you
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 11 hours later

The above reasons fit well. It requires a drainage of the cyst or abscess. It can also be sent for culture to check for organisms. It depends on the treating doctors acumen.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor