Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Noticed lump behind nipple. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 726 Questions
There is a lump/cyst behind my left nipple, it hurt the first couple days when it was forming but now it doesn't hurt unless I press on it. Do you think it could disappear after a while / should I see a doctor asap?
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
It is not an emergency to see a doctor immediately unless the lump is infected. As you have described that the pain is reducing and has no other symptoms you can wait and watch for 2-3 days that who it reacts?

But you feel any fever, increase in the size of lump, pain become worse or has some discharge than you should consult your doctor as soon as possible.

You doctor can confirm the cause of lump by some investigations like fine needle aspiration test (FNAC) or scan. Accordingly treatment can be planned. Meanwhile you can take antibiotic as a preventive measure to the infection and anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs to reduce pain and swelling. Consuming Marijuana does not cause these types of lumps as per my knowledge.

Hope I have answered your query. Write back if you have another query in your mind. I will be happy to answer it.
Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor