Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed light brown specks and skin discolouration on penis. Any idea what it may be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
Hi, I noticed a few months back that there were a few light brown specks appeared on the glanz of my penis near the tip along with a light brown discoloring under the skin that extends down the left side. The bumps are individual and look similar to a light mole/freckle and are nearly invisible normally however when erect are quite visible. I have not been sexually active and do not have a history of warts.. These spots are not painful or itchy in any way. Any idea what it may be?
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Hi dear ,

Thanks for writing in.

The spots you are describing can be penile lentigenes,postinflammatory hyperpigmentation ;FDE.

Some amount of pigmentation is common in adults of your age.

It is considered normal and does not indicate any disease or pathology unless
they are symptomatic.

If you can upload photo of the glans (close up and distant) it will be of great help in predicting the condition.

Upload the photos and we can continue the discussion.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed light brown specks and skin discolouration on penis. Any idea what it may be? 5 hours later

Thanks for the information, it is a relief to know what this may be. I have uploaded the photo's you requested, it may be difficult to see but if you look carefully you should see small brown spots, some are a little raised like a mole. Thanks again!
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 8 hours later
Hi Again,

Ive gone through the photos.

It appears you have got nonspecific postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.

It may be caused by trauma sexual or otherwise.

Nothing needs to be done about it as it does not indicate any pathology.

It is not related to any disease or infection.

There is nothing to be worried about.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor