Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Noticed inner vaginal lips shrinking. What can be the cause?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
Why are my inner vaginal lips shrinking?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vaginal lips shrinks due to low estrogen.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us.

Shrinking of inner vaginal lips are due to low level of estrogen hormone. It is quite common in your age, particularly after menopause.

TREATMENT: Estrogen cream is the treatment of choice. It is to be applied locally (over the vaginal lips or labia minora) to get effective result. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist for one clinical examination and procure a complete prescription.

In addition, you would take antioxidant supplement (like Vitamin E, C) with your diet, drink more water/ fruit juice for better circulation, avoid chemical contacts or soap around genitalia, maintain personal hygiene.

Hope, it will be helpful to you. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health. Take care yourself.

Dr Soumen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor