Noticed inflammation, pain and numbness at the injection site. What can be done for relief?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: My friend asked me: "I shot 1 step meth in my vein a couple times tonight, I feel a small inflammation and a little bit of numbness and not a burn but a light pain tingle in the injection site, is it because I've poked a few holes in the vein? What will relieve this, I did not miss I know how that feels, possibly on the way in or out a trace may have been released outside the vein but nothing was shot missing the vein. What could the explanation be and how do I reduce the symptoms?" What should I give them as an answer?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: nerve trauma Detailed Answer: Hi, there are nerves around veins which carry sensation of that part. It is possible that you have hit the nerve while injecting. This will heal in a week. Not to worry. Regards
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 minutes later
Is there a way to reduce the agitation ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yoga Detailed Answer: Hi, you can do Yoga and meditation to reduce agitation. Meth increases agitation. Please stop it. You can see doctor for prescription to reduce agitation. Regards