Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Noticed huge blood vessel inside of cheek. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
I today got this huge blood vessel on the inside of my right cheek. What shall I do about it?
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Thanks for your query.

If by any chance you can click an image of , do attach here so that I understand the condition better and advice you specifically.

The appearance of a dilated blood vessel in the inner aspect of the cheek can happen in two conditions .One is the inflammation this would be accompanied by pain and swelling in the cheek.Taking antiinflammatory like Ibuprofen will help you here.

The other condition where such a dilated blood vessel appear is due to trauma where the lesions will disappear on own as the cheek mucosa has a good capacity to regenerate.

Also there are many conditions which present with a mass in the cheek , but they develop over time may be weeks or months do not present suddenly.

Anticipating your response.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor