Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Noticed hard bump on nasal bone between eye and mid nose. Worrisome

User rating for this question
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2544 Questions
just noticed small 1-2mm hard bump on nasal bone between eye and mid nose (where eyeglass pad goes. not attached to skin, feels like part of bone. not painful
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 3 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. The following conditions need to be ruled out:
a. A bony thickening of the nasal bone due to old trauma, spectacle nose pad related trauma or a bone thickening (osteoma).
b. A chronic dacryocystitis (naso-lacrimal duct block). Do you have epiphora or watering from the eye?
c. A rare cause such as ENt Specialist and an Eye Specialist.

3. You may require CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) Scan in addition to X-rays, a Nasolacrimal Sac Syringing.

4. If all these investigations are normal, there is no cause for worry. I would investigate this as it seems to be only on one side.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor