Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Noticed growth under skin on waist. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 77 Questions
Hi Doctor,

My wife is 24 years old. 2 years back she had given delivery. Recently we noticed that a sold kind of medium size partical formed inside her body. These are able to sense when touched at sides of the waist. She is doing good but I want to know why these are formed?
will they effect in long run?
If we have to go to a doctor to which Specialist I have to visit? is it Gynic or gastero or etc. Please suggest which doctor I should go to check physically.
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 10 hours later

I am unable to understand your description.
Do you feel or even see lumps along side waist? What is its size? How many are they in number? Are the superficial or deep?
Did she have normal delivery or C section? Since when is she having these lumps?

Answers to these may help me in knowing what she is suffering from!!
Best would be that she be physically examined by a surgeon near you!!

Awaiting your reply..
Take care

Dr Rajat Gupta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed growth under skin on waist. Which specialist should I consult? 5 hours later
Yes I fee lumps on the side waist. size might fit in palm or little less than that.
There are 2 both sides of the waist. They are not superficial and not XXXXXXX if I press skin little then i can feel them.
She has C section. We realized these lumps 6 months back.

is there any thing to worry?

shall i consult a general surgeon near by (OR) do you suggest any specialist for this?
Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 18 hours later

Sorry for replying late.

Very difficult to understand what the problem is, without examining your wife.

I would suggest you consult a surgeon near you.
Don’t think, it’s too much to worry about, but never the less, don’t ignore this as well.

Let me know, if I can be of any help. And also, do let me know, what the surgeon says.

Take care..
Dr Rajat Gupta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor