Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

157 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Noticed foreskin contraction and having painful sex. How to cure this?

Answered by
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :1986

Answered : 2094 Questions

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: I am a 42 years male married for over 13 years with a good sex life. I am uncircumcised, but never had any problem until couple of months back. My foreskin used to pull back comfortably...suddenly there is a fore skin contraction started about a month earlier and it is somewhat painful when I pull my fore skin back. Sex is painful and I get couple of cuts on my foreskin after sex or when I try to pull my fore skin back when erected. There is some white (cheese like) deposition almost everyday which I clean off everyday with water by rubbing with finger. It then leaves a reddish skin. I am a very hygienic person and do not have any skin problem. I do not want to do a surgery.... please assist. I am a diabetic (good control) for last 4 years. ?
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 25 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern here.
After going through your history, you are most likely having fungus infection as there is whitish deposit along with cuts and redness.
In such cases what, I would recommend you to get a checkup with dermatologist and also get your wife examined by Gynecologist, as painful sex is what we call is dyspareunia.
If fungal infection is there we need to treat both so as to eliminate fungus from both locally and also systemic treatment.
It is also that fungal infection can occur in diabetic it is common and treatable easily. Please let me know your latest FBS and PPBS and medicines which you are taking.
Once your infection is treated then we should reassess the improvement in fore skin retraction.
Hope this will be useful to you, if you have any query please feel free to ask me.

With Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 14 hours later
Dear Dr. Dubey,

Thank you for your suggestions.
My PPBS is 300 as of today. I am taking Gemer -I 1mg daily once for last 1.5 years.

Could you please let me know why the contraction happened suddenly, and the cut marks are because the fore skin has gone tight and when I pull back it is difficult and the skin gets torn resulting in small cut marks (3 to 4) around. Although it does not bleed. I have not used any medicine as yet, however sometime I have applied Boroline in those cut areas. From my childhood I never had the problem of tight foreskin and I was extremely comfortable be in normal or erected state. Also the tip of the foreskin has become more sensitive. I otherwise do not have any pain or itching. I found that a new layer of skin (first layer of skin) has just come up and the old layer is gone. ( i just cleaned with warm water). But the cut marks are still there.
Could you suggest any medicine / external cream which can help recover from the cut marks quickly and it will be back to normal. I can still pull back my foreskin but I get the pain because of the cut marks which get stressed everytime I pull my fore skin back. The cut marks are not at the tip of the foreskin, it about 1.5 cm from the tip.

Kindly suggest.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 hours later
Thanks for your input.

Your foreskin has inflammation and possibly, it is due to Fungus. Please see a Dermatologist and get a prescription.

Because of infection and cuts in skin, there is fibrosis, which causes contraction and as there are cuts, retraction is painful.

Once your condition improves, we should reassess the contraction of foreskin.

It would not be ethically correct to prescribe any medicine without personally examining you.

In such cases both the partners should be treated, if there are no symptoms then also please get her checked.

Your PPBS is 300 mg/dl, which is high so you also need to increase the dose of your anti diabetic medicine Gemer1 that is very good but do so after consulting your treating Physician.

Hope this information will guide to take correct decision and you should improve in few days time.

Keep me informed about progress.

With Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 days later
Thanks Dr.

Just a last piece of advice:-

1. Do I require a circumcision surgery. Is it painful. Do let me know a good place in Bangalore.
2. Can the treatment be done without surgery.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 13 minutes later


If your diagnosis is fungal infection, give some time for medicines. It will heal and infection will clear off.
In mild cases surgery is not required. Then we can reassess about need of surgery, if there is lot of fibrosis and it becomes very painful to retract the foreskin. In any case, later on if surgery is required in Bangalore, you can take help of good Urologist.

Please also take care of your blood sugar level.
Please inform me about the progress.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Medical Procedures ,  

Recent questions on  Circumcision

doctor1 MD

I am a male and I have diabetes.I am 64 years old, height 5 10 , weight 210 Ilb. Urinate about approximately every 2 hours or less during the day, I am not circumcised.Pressure/very ticklish/ pain feeling at the tip of the penis before urination.. Ticklish sensation when I stand up and move around and the urge to urinate.I took Bactrim for 10 days and the pain is much less. I finished antibiotic yesterday. I do not have pain on my upper or lower stomach. Sometimes in the night my urine flow is slower and little more pain. Can any you suggest what kind of UTI i have. Thank you

doctor1 MD


I am a 21 year old. I have been suffering with wrinkles and rashes on glans for the past 1and a half year. I saw a physician who tested my sugar levels ( which came out to be normal). He then said that this might be due some allergy and recommended flutibact gel which i applied for about 3 months and allegra 120 which i had for about 2 months. Around 1 year back, this turned into a skin infection and the physician recommended Candid- b cream. I applied that for about 3 weeks and the infection was gone completely. But the wrinkles (Or rashes)are still there.earlier the rashes were confined to the bottom of the glans Only but now they cover the whole of the glans. I have never any pain, itching or any sort of uncomfortable feeling while urinating or otherwise. Currently the whole of the skin on the glans is loose and the only problem I face is while removing the foreskin which kind of gets stuck on the loose skin but still there is no pain. Please advise

doctor1 MD

This past summer I had a white patch of skin under the top part of my penis tip. It was milky in color and looked like dry skin. It did not hurt at all. A week later I had the urge to urinate and a slight tingling after I urinated. I went to the clinic and the doctor told me that I had a large amount of protein in my system which had most likely caused an infection. She told me the white patch looked like a friction rub. I had been masturbating a lot.
I met a girl in September and we are still together now. We had unprotected sex in October in November the symptom came back there was a tiny bump on the shaft of my penis with no pain and it again bothered me when I urinated. I went to the Dr. to get a full blood work. Everything came back negative except for Herpes 1.
Its now Feb and I see another pimple like bump on my circumcision line. It does not hurt but looks very pale. It is close to where the first abrasion was located (this are is now darker). I have been paranoid and been putting ointments and rubbing alcohol on my penis to get rid of any germs. Again the bumps never hurt, never flake or fill up with puss like a typical cold sore that I've had years ago on my lip.
Could this been a skin issue due to my girlfriends vaginal fluid (she just went on the pill), hygiene ( i work out 5 days a week), or an STD that hasnt shown up. I have also never seen any discharge from my penis. It takes several weeks for it to go away and normally there is just one.

doctor1 MD

I'm 19 yrs old..& NOT circumcised. Wednesday nigh my girlfriend was giving me oral sex & I started to bleed A LOT! I was very afraid. I went to the hospital that night & all they said was that I had 2 lacerations on my penis.I was bleeding up until I got onto the room bed in the hospital.I think I snapped the frenulum. I'm not too sure at all. I feel no pain or anything like that. The doctors sent me home & said that all I needed to do was apply neosporin & stuff like that for about a week and also abstain from sex for a week or 2. I want a better outlook on this matter because I don't know what to do. Can you help? Also there is a tiny black scab right under the urine slit. It doesn't burn or anything I just want to know how I should remove it & when I can resume sexual activity.

doctor1 MD

I am 30 years old. I just had circumcision in August. From October I started developing brown/black patches on the penis glans . The patches are around the urethra starting from areas where the stitches are placed. I need some guidance as to why...

doctor1 MD

I'm 25 and have never retracted foreskin from penis gland( mild phimosis ). When I do touch it it hurts( probably cuz I've never exposed my head in 25 years) 2 questions 1. Is preputioplasty good way to fix my problem ( since my penis head is...

doctor1 MD

Hi there Dr. Kakkar, I have asked you a question before about pumps on my penis. I went to see a local doctor and he confirmed your diagnosis and prescribed a cream which took care of the bumps within 10 days. Thanks you very much for that....