Noticed foreskin contraction and having painful sex. How to cure this?

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: I am a 42 years male married for over 13 years with a good sex life. I am uncircumcised, but never had any problem until couple of months back. My foreskin used to pull back comfortably...suddenly there is a fore skin contraction started about a month earlier and it is somewhat painful when I pull my fore skin back. Sex is painful and I get couple of cuts on my foreskin after sex or when I try to pull my fore skin back when erected. There is some white (cheese like) deposition almost everyday which I clean off everyday with water by rubbing with finger. It then leaves a reddish skin. I am a very hygienic person and do not have any skin problem. I do not want to do a surgery.... please assist. I am a diabetic (good control) for last 4 years. ?
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 25 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern here.
After going through your history, you are most likely having fungus infection as there is whitish deposit along with cuts and redness.
In such cases what, I would recommend you to get a checkup with dermatologist and also get your wife examined by Gynecologist, as painful sex is what we call is dyspareunia.
If fungal infection is there we need to treat both so as to eliminate fungus from both locally and also systemic treatment.
It is also that fungal infection can occur in diabetic it is common and treatable easily. Please let me know your latest FBS and PPBS and medicines which you are taking.
Once your infection is treated then we should reassess the improvement in fore skin retraction.
Hope this will be useful to you, if you have any query please feel free to ask me.

With Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 14 hours later
Dear Dr. Dubey,

Thank you for your suggestions.
My PPBS is 300 as of today. I am taking Gemer -I 1mg daily once for last 1.5 years.

Could you please let me know why the contraction happened suddenly, and the cut marks are because the fore skin has gone tight and when I pull back it is difficult and the skin gets torn resulting in small cut marks (3 to 4) around. Although it does not bleed. I have not used any medicine as yet, however sometime I have applied Boroline in those cut areas. From my childhood I never had the problem of tight foreskin and I was extremely comfortable be in normal or erected state. Also the tip of the foreskin has become more sensitive. I otherwise do not have any pain or itching. I found that a new layer of skin (first layer of skin) has just come up and the old layer is gone. ( i just cleaned with warm water). But the cut marks are still there.
Could you suggest any medicine / external cream which can help recover from the cut marks quickly and it will be back to normal. I can still pull back my foreskin but I get the pain because of the cut marks which get stressed everytime I pull my fore skin back. The cut marks are not at the tip of the foreskin, it about 1.5 cm from the tip.

Kindly suggest.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for your input.

Your foreskin has inflammation and possibly, it is due to Fungus. Please see a Dermatologist and get a prescription.

Because of infection and cuts in skin, there is fibrosis, which causes contraction and as there are cuts, retraction is painful.

Once your condition improves, we should reassess the contraction of foreskin.

It would not be ethically correct to prescribe any medicine without personally examining you.

In such cases both the partners should be treated, if there are no symptoms then also please get her checked.

Your PPBS is 300 mg/dl, which is high so you also need to increase the dose of your anti diabetic medicine Gemer1 that is very good but do so after consulting your treating Physician.

Hope this information will guide to take correct decision and you should improve in few days time.

Keep me informed about progress.

With Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 days later
Thanks Dr.

Just a last piece of advice:-

1. Do I require a circumcision surgery. Is it painful. Do let me know a good place in Bangalore.
2. Can the treatment be done without surgery.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 13 minutes later

Hi XXXXXXX

If your diagnosis is fungal infection, give some time for medicines. It will heal and infection will clear off.
In mild cases surgery is not required. Then we can reassess about need of surgery, if there is lot of fibrosis and it becomes very painful to retract the foreskin. In any case, later on if surgery is required in Bangalore, you can take help of good Urologist.

Please also take care of your blood sugar level.
Please inform me about the progress.

Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan