Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Noticed flow of blood after sex. Having back pain and taking tramadol. Remedy?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9566 Questions
Just finished having sex and pissed a large flow of blood ..
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 45 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have passed large quantity of blood while urination immediately after sexual intercourse.

You have been getting back pain in back since last 3 weeks

Hematuria and back pain could be mostly due to stones either in kidney or ureter however cause of bleeding needs to be evaluated thoroughly by doing following investigations.
1) Routine Urine Test and Urine rule out infection.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and scrotum.
3) C.T scan with contrast study to rule out any mass lesion in kidney or bladder.
4) Haemogram with coagulation profile.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get above investigations done under his guidance.

Further mode of treatment will depend upon findings of above tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed flow of blood after sex. Having back pain and taking tramadol. Remedy? 1 hour later
I've had several tests for kidney stones. All negative. Last urine test by urologist also negative. Could it be sexual activity? Last time it happen I was doing similar position. Do I rule out tramadol? Also taking arnica for pain.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Thanks for follow up.
If you have ruled out stones and UTI as this has happened after sex it is likely that it could be due to trivial trauma to the urethra due to vigorous sexual activity .Please consul qualified urologist and get Penile Doppler Ultrasound scan done to find out source of bleeding at earliest before bleeding stops .
Tanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor