Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

195 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Noticed fleshy skin growth on the side of nipple. What is the cause and cure?

Answered by
Dr. Praveen Rodrigues


Practicing since :1993

Answered : 1196 Questions

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i'm a 64 year old male who just noticed a fleshy skin growth on the side of my nipple ?? it's flappy & tubular skin color does not hurt, not red
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there.
I hear your issue. It is most likely what we in dermatology allude to as an acrochordon or a benign skin tumor. Do not worry, it is not a cancerous problem or anything major to worry about. It may though have to be excised under a local anaesthetic using a hyfrecator (cautery) or lasers depending on the availability & doctor's expertise. The person to visit would be a dermatologist nearest you when time permits. It is not an urgent matter & will not cause you any issues except maybe from an aesthetic viewpoint or if it gets caught in your clothing. It is a problem easily resolved in relax & wish you continued good health.
Do close this query if satisfied hv pointed you out in the right direction & give us a healthy rating if time permits. Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on  Benign skin tumor

doctor1 MD

My husband has a black mark on his stomach. It's been there for several months. I don't like the look of it. What can this be?

doctor1 MD

hi doctor have a nice day,kindly ask something about lump in the ribs,what may trigger on it??what is the caused of that lump in ribs,is it cancerous??what should i do to cure that lump or any treatment that we need to undergo.because my aunt has a lump in the ribs its like a fist of adult and that lump appears 3months ago..

doctor1 MD

I have lumps (warts?) between my eyelashes on my right upper eye lid. How do I get rid of them?

doctor1 MD

I am 58 years old and have been married for 25 years. My husband and I both had other relationships prior to marriage, so I am sure we were both exposed to HPV prior to our marriage, although mutually monogomous since (as far as I know). No...

doctor1 MD

hello i have a painfull lump of fat on my right tight. i fall on the right side 5 years ago from a balcony, was blue and painfull for 1 month, but after no more problems. i start to lose kilos (15) about a year ago, and now im slim but i see this lump. can be possible that the fat lump was coused from the fall but i never notice it becouse was sorrounded by other fat? what i can do about it?