Noticed fleshy skin growth on the side of nipple. What is the cause and cure?

Dr. Praveen Rodrigues

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i'm a 64 year old male who just noticed a fleshy skin growth on the side of my nipple ?? it's flappy & tubular skin color does not hurt, not red
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there.
I hear your issue. It is most likely what we in dermatology allude to as an acrochordon or a benign skin tumor. Do not worry, it is not a cancerous problem or anything major to worry about. It may though have to be excised under a local anaesthetic using a hyfrecator (cautery) or lasers depending on the availability & doctor's expertise. The person to visit would be a dermatologist nearest you when time permits. It is not an urgent matter & will not cause you any issues except maybe from an aesthetic viewpoint or if it gets caught in your clothing. It is a problem easily resolved in minutes...so relax & wish you continued good health.
Do close this query if satisfied hv pointed you out in the right direction & give us a healthy rating if time permits. Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD