Owl Image

Noticed fleshy skin growth on the side of nipple. What is the cause and cure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012

Dermatologist
Question
i'm a 64 year old male who just noticed a fleshy skin growth on the side of my nipple ?? it's flappy & tubular skin color does not hurt, not red
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there.
I hear your issue. It is most likely what we in dermatology allude to as an acrochordon or a benign skin tumor. Do not worry, it is not a cancerous problem or anything major to worry about. It may though have to be excised under a local anaesthetic using a hyfrecator (cautery) or lasers depending on the availability & doctor's expertise. The person to visit would be a dermatologist nearest you when time permits. It is not an urgent matter & will not cause you any issues except maybe from an aesthetic viewpoint or if it gets caught in your clothing. It is a problem easily resolved in minutes...so relax & wish you continued good health.
Do close this query if satisfied hv pointed you out in the right direction & give us a healthy rating if time permits. Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD