Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Noticed flesh growth from vagina. What could be this?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
my vagina looks like it has a little flesh coming out..what does that mean? plus i am a little itchy around my vaginal area..
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 49 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX,
It does appear that you probably have a condition like viral warts that can be easily treated with a cream called 5%5 Fluorouracil or by cautery of the lesions as per your treating doctor's advice @ ground0!
Alternatively you may have or concomittantly you may have a fungal infection that contributes to the 'itch'.
Dermatology is a 'visual' field & FOR best results, you have to visit a doctor near you preferably a dermatologist or our poor cousins' the gynecologist ;-)
It is true that standard STD check-ups dont test for herpes but from your description herpes seems unlikely!
Having said that the best test to get tested for herpes is a serum(blood) IgG/IgM for herpes1&2..get this done to put your mind at rest.
Use a 2% ketoconazole cream (eg nizoral) twice/daily for 7-10 days for the itch that may not need a prescription; if going to a doc, then use a 200mg fluconazole tab one single dose 7 this should take care of any fungal infection!
Should all this be too confusing, please print this transcript of this discussion & go across to your dermatologist/gynecologist & your job should be done!
Cheers & Do practice safe sex & here's wishing you a great sex life & great health in general! Do close this query & feel free to give us a healthy rating should you feel all your points were ansered satisfactorily! else, due to system glitches, it bounces back as a follow-up :)
Good Luck ^ Godspeeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor