Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed flaky skin and small cuts near the base of penis. Could it be an yeast infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
About a month ago I had used shampoo a few times while showering before realizing it was drying out my penis. I had also been masturbating fairly frequently dry.

Near the base of my penis and on the shaft I have had flakey skin and a few small cuts near the base. My sack also was a little red on one side. If I itch the area the skin then discharges a clear fluid. (Not sure if I rubbed off top layer of skin or whAt because the fluid is not present when I don't itch it)

I had sex maybe two months ago as well and don't know if that is related. Doesn't seem like a yeast infection but am not sure

I just bought some tinactin jock itch powder to try and use.

Any idea what this could be? I can provide pictures if needed

Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The problem is quite confusing however you cannot rule yeast infection because allergy and yeast infection are the most possible causes. for the diagnosis of the exact problem a visit to dermatologist is recommended however it do not seems to have any relation with sex. A topical steroid can be helpful

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed flaky skin and small cuts near the base of penis. Could it be an yeast infection? 3 hours later
I will look into that, the fluid on my scrotum from where I itched it last night doesn't really have a smell and is sticky..
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 21 minutes later
Thanks for the reply

The sticky fluid can be discharge or it can be the fluid from the scrotal region but you never get the direct fluids from any area. the skin damage is always associated with infection. better is to send this fluid with cytology

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor