Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Noticed dry skin on thigh, itchy vagina, white discharge and burning while urinating. Yeast infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
i had white like discharge and burning while urinating thought i had BV and got over the counter products few days while taking the products i notice that i was very itchy in my vagina area was never itchy before have not had sex for about 3 months read the box and it said if itching occurs to to stop i stopped i was really itchy and notice multi bumps like a rash like in my inner thigh none in my genital area and as i itch more the bumps got bigger from irritation and now i have very dry skin in my inner thigh can this be a yeast infection with a rash or genital warts i spoke with a nurse and she does not believe its genial warts reason being was it multi rash like bumbs out of no where and she said most genital warts start off as one and as time goes on you get more. my doctor app is nov 7 wondering if you would have an idea to my symptoms?
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 29 minutes later
This does sound like a candidiasis ingection.Curdy white discharge,and itching is typical of that.The rash may have occurred due to constant scratching hence causing eruptions.You need to start antifungal medications and apply an anti fungal ointment like clotrimazole. You can use candid pessary also for a week at night time. Maintaining good hygiene is also important. Meanwhile you can take some probiotics to improve the vaginal flora.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed dry skin on thigh, itchy vagina, white discharge and burning while urinating. Yeast infection? 8 minutes later
I am aware that i can get the products for a yeast infection at a local store would you explain to me what candid pessary is and thank you very much and im still going to see my doctor was just wondering before hence.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 22 minutes later
Yes i believe that you can get antifungals over the counter. Pessary is a tablet that can be inserted per vaginally,and also contains anti fungal medications. You can try using the ointment first.Snd once your doctor has examined you,further treatment can be done.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor