Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Noticed discolored circles around genital area. Could it be STD, HPV or herpes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
Hi there, i notice something around my genital, like discolored circles. they are not painful or anything but are there...

here is a picture:
it is stain lookingg spot/discoloration.... does it look like STD? HPV? Herpes? or is it something else??? What is your stance on this ? thank you
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 8 hours later
Dear Sir,

It is just discoloration of the skin. It is because of deposition of excess melanin. No treatment is needed for this.

It is not herpes or any other STD.

Stay reassured.


Rajiv Goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed discolored circles around genital area. Could it be STD, HPV or herpes? 20 hours later
Thank you for your reply.....

but i noticed a few red spots pop up this morning (i shaved yesterday 24 hours ago).... and this morning i notice these red dots pop up... what could that be...

do you see the red dots around the discoloration?

here is a photo:
please let me know your honest thoughts

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 17 hours later
Dear Sir,

Those reddish spots are abrasions and the associated inflammation secondary to shaving of hair. You just need to wait for 2-3 days and these red spots shall disappear.

Take care.

All the best.


Rajiv Goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor