Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed difference in the scrotum. Guess scrotal hernia. Can this be cured?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9605 Questions

I have a 1 year and 4 months old baby boy. My mom and I believe that he has scrotal hernia because we noticed the difference of his scrotum. One of his testes appears to be bigger than the other one. Is there a cure for this, preferably something we can do at home? I have a work and I just had a half day absent for me to take my baby to the clinic. But then when we went there, the doctor is not in (but the sign says "Doctor is IN"). Now we went home, I feeling sad, because we weren't able to had him checked. Now I'm asking for help online because I'm already at work.

Please help. I'm afraid this would later on need serous surgeries and I'm afraid for my baby.
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your 1 year four month old son has one of the scrotum bigger than other and you suspect it to be Hernia.

It is most likely to be due to congenital Inguinal Hernia as you have rightly suspected it to be.
However final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified General or Paediatric surgeon.

Please spare some time and get him examined by surgeon.Please note that there is no medical treatment for Hernia, neither there is any home remedy to correct it.The only treatment option is get it repaired by surgery.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed difference in the scrotum. Guess scrotal hernia. Can this be cured? 7 minutes later

Could you please let me know the price range that the surgery will take? Like how many thousand dollars would it cost?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.
I am an Indian and have no idea about charges of surgery in U.S.
Please consult local surgeon and he may perhaps let you know the charges.
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor